We have just received notice that there will be three additional resort closures at Universal Orlando Resort beginning January 1, 2021.
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel, and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites have temporarily suspended operations
Hotel reservations will be affected by these operational changes if they meet the following criteria:
- Guests with reservations at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort January 1st – February 8th, 2021. For these guests, they will enjoy a complimentary upgrade** to our Premier Hotel Loews Royal Pacific Resort. A modification to the hotel over the same arrival and departure dates will honor the existing room rate, and guests will receive the additional Universal Orlando theme park benefits that come with staying at a Premier Hotel.
- Guests with reservations at Universal’s Aventura Hotel January 1st – June 30th, 2021. For these guests, they will enjoy Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort during their stay. We also wish to extend a $50 Hotel Dining Credit* to use at select Universal Orlando Resort hotel dining outlets during their stay for any inconvenience this may have caused (2-night minimum stay required).
- Guests with reservations at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites January 4th – March 30th, 2021. For these guests, their reservation will be modified to enjoy Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites.
We have stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. The availability of amenities at the resort hotels may be limited due to increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization. Housekeeping services are contactless; linens will be delivered upon request.
In addition, in an effort to keep our Hotel Guests and Team Members safe, we ask the following from guests before arriving to your hotel:
- Please conduct temperature checks prior to arrival to our destination; if 100.4 degrees or over, stay home until you are feeling better
- Bring your own face covering prior to arrival at the hotel
- Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination
As we enjoy our parks and hotels together again, everyone will also need to follow Universal Orlando Resort’s policies and procedures, including the following:
Yes, there are more rules to follow now, but to play together; we also need to work together for the safety and health of all our guests and team members.Note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that your clients will not be exposed during their visit. For more information, please visit the CDC website.Should any of these guidelines and practices impact your clients’ decision to visit our destination, please call us and we can assist you in modifying your reservation. Our Universal team is humbled by the care and attention you continue to show in helping to service our mutual guests. We thank you for your continued efforts and engagement with us.